February 24, 2006

The Persistant Past

History doesn't repeat itself, but bits of it are repeated, kinda like repeating a word until it simply stops making any sense. nuts,nuts,nuts,nuts,nuts,nuts,nuts,nuts...
London mayor Ken Livingstone will face a disciplinary hearing over comments made to a Jewish journalist. BBC News (bbc.co.uk) describes the incident:
- It follows a confrontation between the mayor and Evening Standard reporter Oliver Finegold outside a party for MP Chris Smith. The mayor accused Mr Finegold of pursuing him and on tape he was heard asking the reporter if he was a "German war criminal". Mr Finegold replied: "No, I'm Jewish, I wasn't a German war criminal. I'm quite offended by that." The mayor then says: "Ah right, well you might be, but actually you are just like a concentration camp guard, you are just doing it because you are paid to, aren't you?" -

The mayor has refused to appologise, which, depending on the outcome of his hearing, may mean suspension from his position.
Nutsnutsnutsnutsnutsnutsnutsnutz,nutz,nutz,nutzinutzinutzinatzinut.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shay said...

It's my understanding that he did, in fact, get suspended.

Don't really know his politics, but I kinda like his attitude. "I've been rude to reporters for 25 years, and so I shall continue." or something like that.

3:33 AM  
Blogger copy team said...

yeah. its admirable when a man has principles and stands by them. not like those capos who just did it for the money...

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home